Welcome to Halling On-Line

The Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS

Telephone & Fax (01634) 241551          Clerk: Mr W R Swan          Assistant: Trudi Smith
 
 

Halling Parish Council

OCT 12/01

Quick-Links

  Home Page 

Meetings

[ DRAFT MINUTES - to be confirmed at next meeting ]

Minutes of Halling Parish Council held on 17th October 2012 at the Community Centre

Present: Chairman: Daryl Palmer (DP), Vice-Chairman Trevor Reynolds (TR) Chris Herbert (CH), Les Hitchcock (LH), Shelley Watson (SW)  and Mark Joy (MJ).

W R Swan (WS) – Clerk; 2 members of the public.

 

1. Apologies - Sam Walsh (SRW), Peter Wyatt (PW) and Norman Godding (NG)

Richard Thorne (RT) declined to attend.

2. Minutes of last meeting

It was proposed by TR, seconded by LH, that the minutes were a true record of the September meeting.  All agreed and DP duly signed them.

3. Matters arising - none

4. Notification of Any Other Business

MJ – 4 items; DP – 2 items and WS – 4 items.

5. Reports by Committee Portfolio Holders

(a) Estates

LH said that the new notice board in BP has been damaged. Martyn Court has been asked for a quote to repair.  The War Memorial has a small chip but it was agreed to let this weather.  Upper Rec. Car park has been cleared by Tom Bailey. Quotes are awaited for the fence next to the horses field in the Lower Rec. Quotes are also awaited for the treatment necessary to the trees in the Upper Rec.

(b) Footpaths

MJ reported that the Walking Club had its first walk on 30/09/12 – 18 people and 6 dogs turned up. Very enjoyable – the next walk is on 27/10/12.  FP210 on Redrow land is very overgrown – Clerk to report this.

There was a meeting on 15/10/12 with Trenport and Lafarge concerning the permissive use of the footpath at the rear of the Mound leading to Holborough.

Developments awaited.

DP thanked MJ for his work on setting up the Walking Club.

                                                                                                 

5(c)  Planning and Development

DP  reported in RT’s absence:

MC/12/0524 – 15b Foxglove Row extensions- no objections from residents. Proposed by MJ, seconded by CH, that HPC does not object.  All agreed.

current application. 

6.  Bishops Palace 

CH reported on the meeting on 12/10/12 with Rick Bayne from VoV, Nigel Holman from Medway Council and the local PCSOs.  Positive response to request for further action regarding the Anti Social behaviour.

16. Policing (brought forward)

CH said there was a meeting with police on 15/10/12 about Bishops Palace – problem with CCTV because of power supply. There is a lack of communication between HPC and Police.  HPC wish to meet the new Inspector and Sergeant for this area and it was agreed that DP, MJ, CH and TR will represent the Council.

DP welcomed back PCSO Alan Hunter to the village who said that there will be a daily police presence in Halling. DP read out a letter from John Guest about the problems he is experiencing with Bishops Palace. Noted by Councillors.

7. Halling Fire Station – no update

8. Jubilee Hall – no report

9. Halling Association

TR said that at the meeting on 18/09/12 he informed HA of FW12, Halling Fire Station and Bishops Palace.

10. Community Centre – no report

11 Lafarge

DP said that Daniel Daniels had been in touch about the planning application for Vantage Point.  He wishes to inform HPC of the progress and will arrange a date.

12 Redrow – no report

13 Youth Club

LH reported that there are now 174 members

14. White Pit

DP to contact Ben Cook about the walk on 27/10/12

15 School

MJ said that the had been a full Governors’ meeting recently. There are 2 vacancies for a Parent Governor and a LEA Governor. There will also be a vacancy for a Community Governor.

17 and 18. Receipts and payments

See attached spreadsheet

It was proposed by LH, seconded by SW,  that the payments be ratified.  All agreed.

19.   Any Other Business

MJ reported the dog fouling near the school in Howlesmere Close and the inconsiderate parking in this area. PCSO Alan Hunter will investigate.

He also explained that there are grants available from the Streetcops trust fund for the youth of the area.  MJ proposed that the Clerks work with Alan Hunter to put in a bid for funding.  Seconded by LH and all agreed.

DP said that a hole has been dug in the Mound football pitch – the Clerk has already reported this to Medway Council.

WS – the poppy collection is taking place shortly and he asked for volunteers to do the house-to-house collections. He will email HPC members about this. It was agreed that a new flag could be ordered for the St John’s flag pole.

Parishioners’ questions.

The following questions were raised:

(a) Rail bridge traffic lights

(b) Police Commissioners

(c) Police and softly softly approach

(d) Fence in circle

(e) Cemetery

(f) works in Pilgrims Road

 

 

 

 

 

ACTION

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


^^^ Up to top of page

Last updated ~ 9 November, 2012
Website problems? Please report any broken links to: webmaster.

Website maintenance by Clive Stanley Associates

All rights reserved.