Welcome to Halling On-Line

The Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS

Telephone & Fax (01634) 241551          Clerk: Mr W R Swan          Assistant: Trudi Smith
 
 

Halling Parish Council

JUNE 12/01

Quick-Links

  Home Page 

Meetings

[ DRAFT MINUTES - to be confirmed at next meeting ]

Minutes of Halling Parish Council held on 12th June 2012 at the Jubilee Hall

Present: Chairman: Daryl Palmer (DP), Vice-Chairman: Trevor Reynolds (TR),

Chris Herbert (CH), Les Hitchcock (LH), Norman Godding (NG), Shelley Watson (SW), Hayley Winter (HW), Sam Walsh (SRW), Richard Thorne (RT) and Mark Joy (MJ).

W R Swan (WS) – Clerk; 4 members of the public.

1. Apologies – Peter Wyatt.

2. Minutes of last meeting

It was proposed by NG, seconded by CH, that the minutes were a true record of the May meeting.  All agreed and DP duly signed them.

3. Matters arising - none

4. Notification of Any Other Business

NG – 1 item; RT – 1 item; MJ – 3 items.

 

5. Reports by Committee Portfolio Holders

(a) Estates – no report

(b) Footpaths

MJ said that Trenport are happy to have a permissive path across their land at the rear of the school and he will contact Lafarge about this also.  HPC must chase up Lafarge re the overgrown footpaths on their land.

(c)  Planning and Development

RT reported that there was no objection to the new fencing proposed at Elmhaven Marina.

129/131 High Street, Lower Halling – dropped kerbs.  No objection as HPC wishes to encourage off street parking.

61 Rochester Road, North Halling – single storey rear extension – no objection.

Land on Marsh – he has spoken to Steve Owen the owner of the field who is in discussion with Medway Council about hard standing and a possible small shed to be put on his site.  CH said that HPC ought to check the covenant re buildings before making any comment.

(d)  Environment

There was no report in the absence of PW but he has indicated that this item should be taken off the Agenda in future as he would report under AOB.  Agreed.

6.  Bishops Palace 

MJ said that the “sail” sculptures are now up but seem disappointingly small.

7.  Jubilee Hall

MJ said that there have been problems with the flooring but this has been rectified by the caretaker. The next meeting of the Committee is on 20th June.

8. Halling Association – no report

9. Community Centre – no report

10. FW12

RT said there had a recent meeting of the Committee and things were proceeding well.  They Committee wished to appoint an Events Organiser to help out with booking performers etc. and SRW offer to help.

11. Diamond Jubilee Celebration - report

DP read out 4 pages of feedback from residents which were unanimous in their praise for the whole event. The lighting of the Beacon went off well after all the trials and tribulations with Medway Council. DP is looking at a way of thanking properly those involved with the planning and organisation of the day.

A letter of thanks is to be sent to Fowler Welch who provided the trailer.

Trudi Smith said that all the performers had really enjoyed the day and would love to come back for other events as they thought Halling was terrific.

12. Medway Councillor Ray Maisey

DP read out a copy of an email to Ann Millington which Ray Maisey had forwarded to HPC.  This is to ask her if KAFRS would consider selling the Fire Station to Medway Council for Community Purposes including use by HPC.

TR proposed that HPC defers its vote of no confidence until a later meeting in view of the possible “olive branch” being shown.  All agreed except for MJ who abstained. 

WS is to remind Ann Millington of the meeting with HPC that she proposed.

13. Lafarge – no report

14.  Redrow

DP said that their contractors have been active in maintaining the area and cutting the grass.

15. Policing

The Clerk is to email the Sergeant in charge of PCSOs to see what the situation is concerning cover for Halling.

16. White Pit

DP said that it is looking good and that the paths had been cleared.                                            

17 & 18 Receipts and payments (See attached spreadsheet)

It was proposed by LH, seconded by HW, that the payments be ratified.  Agreed

19.  Any Other Business

NG said that the condition of Vicarage Road where it meets the Street in Upper Halling is disgraceful. The Clerk is to take this up with Medway

RT said that Medway Council wish to charge HPC £400 for a licence to have the beacon on Medway’s land.  It was agreed to ask for this in writing before making any comment.

MJ said that Chapel Lane is very overgrown.  Clerk to contact Lafarge. 

The footpath sign at the junction of Vicarage Road and the Street, Upper Halling is confusing.    The Clerk is to take this up with Medway Council                                                                                                 

The flooding in Pilgrims Road after heavy rain seems to have moved!  The Clerk is to take this up with Medway Council

Parishioners’ Questions

Among the questions raised by residents were the following:

  1. Vandalism in bus shelter
  2. Signage in Red Hill
  3. Parking in Vicarage Road by Fire Station

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ACTION

 

 

 

 

WS

 

 

 

WS

 

 

WS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WS

 

 

 

 

WS

 

 

 

 

WS

 

 

 

 

WS

 

WS

WS

WS

WS

 


^^^ Up to top of page

Last updated ~ 9 July, 2012
Website problems? Please report any broken links to: webmaster.

Website maintenance by Clive Stanley Associates

All rights reserved.