Welcome to Halling On-Line

The Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS

Telephone & Fax (01634) 241551          Clerk: Mr W R Swan          Assistant: Trudi Smith
 
 

Halling Parish Council

JUL 12/01

Quick-Links

  Home Page 

Meetings

[ DRAFT MINUTES - to be confirmed at next meeting ]

Minutes of Halling Parish Council held on 12th July 2012 at the Community Centre

Present: Chairman: Daryl Palmer (DP), Chris Herbert (CH), Les Hitchcock (LH), Norman Godding (NG), Hayley Winter (HW), Sam Walsh (SRW), Peter Wyatt (PW), Richard Thorne (RT) and Mark Joy (MJ).

W R Swan (WS) – Clerk; 1 member of the public.


1. Apologies – Trevor Reynolds and Shelley Watson.

2. Minutes of last meeting

It was proposed by SRW, seconded by RT, that the minutes were a true record of the June meeting.  All agreed and DP duly signed them.

3. Matters arising

MJ – item 5b where is the message from Trenport? Clerk to email Shirley Boards

DP – item 19 – Cllr Maisey is taking this up on HPC’s behalf

4. Notification of Any Other Business

LH – 1 item; HW – 1 item; SRW – 1 item and WS – 2 items.

 

5. Reports by Committee Portfolio Holders

(a) Estates

It was proposed by CH, seconded by HW, that the application to QE11 Fields in Trust for the dedication of the Lower and Upper Recs under the QE11 scheme should be completed.  All agreed and the draft deeds were signed. This will enable HPC to request a grant from the SITA Trust which could amount to £25,000 with HPC contributing 11% on top.

A letter has been received from KF&RS about the disposal of the Fire Station.  CH proposed that this should be discussed at a Strategy meeting shortly as there is a 6 weeks deadline.

(b) Footpaths

MJ reported that the paths have now been cut apart from the lower Plough Path which the Clerk is to arrange.  The Clerk is to check the deeds re the stiles on Marsh Road. MJ said that he is arranging for the steps at the kissing gate on March Road to be repaired.

(c)  Planning and Development

RT reported on the following applications:

MC12/1377 – 53 Pilgrims Road – increase in roof height does not cause an obstruction and he proposed that HPC should not object to this.  Seconded by LH all agreed apart from NG who abstained.

MC12/0923 – The Pantiles, The Street – Harding standing at front – RT proposed that HPC do not object, seconded by LH – all agreed.

MC12/1145 – 46 The Paddock – HPC’s objection has already been lodged on line with Medway Council by the Clerk – decision awaited.

6. Accounts for 2011/2012  - The Clerk passed round copies of the statement for the Audit Commission. LH proposed that this be accepted, seconded by RT.  All agreed and DP and WS duly signed them as required.

                                                                                                      

7. Code of Conduct

DP said that HPC has a Code of Conduct which it adopted in 2007.  Medway Council wish us to adopt their new one which is to be agreed on 27th July 2012.  CH will email all Members with a new HPC  Code of Conduct that can be signed up to.

8.  Bishops Palace 

DP said that Rick Bayne has suggested setting up a “Friends of Bishops Place” support group. The first meeting has been fixed for 2nd August at 6.00pm in the Community Centre.  Agreed that PW will act as a neighbourhood representative with SRW and CH the representatives of HPC.

9.  Jubilee Hall

MJ said that there has recently been a Committee at which DP was thanked for his recent assistance regarding the flooring problems.  The floor has been repaired and they are still waiting for boiler quotes.

10. Halling Association

DP said that there has recently been an application for a youth grant but this is on hold pending more information.

11. Community Centre – no report

12 Lafarge – no report

13. Cemex/Redrow – no report

14. Youth Club

LH – number of members still increasing.

15. FW12

RT said that SRW has agreed at act as events organiser.  Things are moving on with raffle prizes coming in well and the fireworks arranged.  The school is being circulated concerning the parade and competition.

DP said that the vintage fire engine will be available for Funday.

16. White Pit

DP – some trees have fallen down in the recent bad weather and he will arrange for Ben Cook to clear them.  The site is now ready for public visits.  CH offered his help to DP regarding the management of the site.

17 & 18 Receipts and payments

See attached spreadsheet

It was proposed by NG, seconded by LH, that the payments be ratified.  All agreed apart from CH who declared an interest and abstained.

19.   Any Other Business

LH proposed that VoV be approached to put a seat in the Bishops Palace area in memory of the late Ted Gowers.

HW – said there had been reports of motor bikes using the Chapel Lane

Paths   It is believed that the Police use this area for Motor bike training.

SRW referred to the recent discussion on defibrillators and said that these should be accessible.  Possible locations could be Jubilee Hall, the fire station and the Community Centre. DP is to take this up with Halling Association.

The Clerk read out a letter from The Queen’s Lady in Waiting thanking the School for all their efforts on the bunting designs.

He also read out a letter from Tamsin Draper, one of the three  competition winners who went to Buckingham Palace on 4th July, thanking all concerned for making it such a great day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ACTION

WS

 

 

 

 

 

WS

 

 

WS

MJ

 

WS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CH

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


^^^ Up to top of page

Last updated ~ 4 September, 2012
Website problems? Please report any broken links to: webmaster.

Website maintenance by Clive Stanley Associates

All rights reserved.