Welcome to Halling On-Line  

The Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS

Telephone & Fax (01634) 241551          Clerk: Mr W R Swan
 
 

Halling Parish Council

JY09/01

Quick-Links

  Home Page 

Meetings

Meeting of Halling Parish Council held on 8th January 2009 at the Community Centre

Present: Chairman, Vice Chairman, Daryl Palmer, Chris Herbert, Ray Jackson, Maggie Coleman, Mitzi Richardson, Trevor Reynolds, Norman Mitchell James Souter and Bob Swain.

Bill Swan – Clerk and 1 member of the public.

1. Apologies

– none as everyone present. 

2. Minutes of last meeting

It was proposed by the Vice-Chairman, seconded by Norman Mitchell, that the Minutes were a true record of the last meeting. All agreed and the Chairman signed them accordingly.

3. Matters Arising

Ray Jackson raised the condition of the fence in Forge Green. This is the responsibility of Medway Council Highways and the Clerk will report it to them. Chris Herbert asked if there had been any progress on the grass cutting in the Cemetery. Daryl Palmer said that Ben Cook is to give a quote for this work. Norman Mitchell asked about the Section 106 money from Thomas Harris Court. Chris Herbert is dealing with this and other similar matters. The Clerk reported that the reporting of Planning Applications by Medway Council seem to be working now. Maggie Coleman is meeting with our Solicitor, Richard Carter of Martin Tolhurst on 12 January about the registration of land. Chris Herbert asked if the cattle were on the Marsh after the end of October 2008. The Clerk reported that Peter Lingham had removed them by then.

4 Notification of Other Business

Daryl Palmer – 1 item; Norman Mitchell – 1 item; Trevor Reynolds – 1 item; James Souter – 1 item and Chris Herbert – 1 item.

5. Reports by Chairmen of Committees:

a. Estates

Daryl Palmer reported that the MUGA has been approved by Medway and the order has been placed with HAGS Ltd. Ray Maisey has agreed to meet the cost of the goal posts in the upper rec. at £863. The new roundabout will cost c. £3,500 but the safety matting will be an additional £4,500. Consultation is taking place with Ray Maisey and Medway Council about grants for this. Chris said that in view of the cost, the Parish Council should get alternative quotes. Daryl Palmer and the Clerk will arrange this. Chris Herbert is to investigate obtaining Section 106 money from the Harris House development to meet the cost.

b. Footpaths Maggie Coleman reported that there has been no progress on the RS 320 because of staff shortages at Medway. 2 stiles on the Marsh are in poor condition and as these are the responsibility of the landowner, she has approached Lafarge about repairs and will be meeting their representative in February on site.

c. Planning and Development Norman Mitchell reported that an application has been received for new fencing at 2 Station Approach, Lower Halling under MC2008/2012. The Parish Council has no objections.

6. Poppy Appeal 2008

The Clerk reported that the appeal in the village had raised £863. It was proposed by Daryl Palmer, seconded by Bob Swain, that the Parish Council make a donation of £65 which together with the payment of £72 for the wreaths, would make a total of £1,000. All agreed.

7. Jubilee Hall – no report JY09/02

8. Halling Association

Trevor Reynolds said that a meeting had been held on 14 January to ask partners for support for Funday.

9. Community Centre

The Vice-Chairman reported that the Pensioners’ and New Year’s parties went well.

10. Funday - see item 8 above

11. Lafarge

The Clerk has arranged a meeting with the PR firm Daniel Daniels for 26th February.

12. Cemex - no report

13. Youth Club

The Vice-Chairman said that the Club is still operating well with 2 groups.

14. Highways

James Souter raised the problem of parking on yellow lines. Nothing has been done by Medway Council and the Clerk is to contact Phil Moore for another meeting.

15. MUGA - see 5(a)

16. Receipts
   
     
(a) Snodland Nomads FC – use of Mound pitch  
£15.00
 
(b) Halling Rainbows - poppy wreath  
£18.00
 
(c) Halling Cubs – poppy wreath  
£18.00
 
(d) Medway Council – MUGA part funding  
£15,000.00
 
       
17. Payments
Net£
Vat£
Gross£
(a) Total Property – fence repairs lower rec.
115.00
20.13
135.13
(b) Clive Stanley – web fees for October 2008
55.00
 
55.00
(c) J Sutherland – handyman’s wages
249.26
 
249.26
(d) Ben Cook – work on Forge Green
160.00
 
160.00
(e) Medway Council – fee for Funday draw
20.00
 
20.00
(f) Audit Commission – fees for 2007/08 audit
285.00
49.88
334.88
(g) You First Ltd – paper for HV
106.50
18.64
125.14
(h) Paseana Ltd – toner and drums for HV printer
1023.85
179.18
1203.03
(i) D Palmer – HV payment
20.00
 
20.00
(j) P Wilkins – Smith – HV payment
40.00
 
40.00
(k) Clive Stanley – web fees for November 2008
38.50
 
38.50
(l) Total Property – repairs to notice board
72.00
10.80
82.80
(m) Paseana Ltd – toner for HV printer
125.85
18.88
144.73
(n) British Telecom – phone and broadband
99.73
14.95
114.68
(o) Janet Homewood – prize for OAP party draw HA
50.00
 
50.00

                                                                                                         

It was proposed by the Vice-Chairman, seconded by Maggie Coleman, that the above payments be ratified. All agreed apart from Daryl Palmer who declared an interest and abstained.

18. Any Other Business

Chris Herbert remarked on the state of the meeting room in the Community Centre. It is known in advance that the Parish Council uses it every other month but it is always in an untidy state and has less and less space for meetings. The Clerk is to ask the C/C Committee to ensure that this is cleared before Parish Council meetings. Trevor Reynolds thanked the Firefighters for all their efforts in the success of the Panto and proposed that the Parish Council make a donation to their charity of £100. This was seconded by Maggie Coleman. All agreed with Daryl Palmer declaring an interest and abstaining.

Parishioners’ Questions.

Among the points raised by residents were the following;

(a) Fence in Kent Road

(b) Parking in Jade Hill area

(c) Circle in Vicarage Close.



Last updated ~ 13 February, 2009

Website problems? Please report any broken links to: webmaster.

Website maintenance by Clive Stanley Associates

All rights reserved.