|Welcome to Halling On-Line|
The Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS
Telephone & Fax (01634) 241551 Clerk: Mr W R Swan
Halling Parish Council
Meeting of Halling Parish Council held on 11 October 2007 at the Community Centre
Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Councillors D Palmer, R Underdown, Mrs M Coleman and
T Reynolds. W R Swan – Clerk
4 members of public.
1. Apologies for absence
Councillors R Swain, P Wyatt and C Herbert.
2. Minutes of last meeting
It was proposed by Councillor Palmer, seconded by Councillor Coleman, that the Minutes were a true record of the last meeting. All agreed and the Chairman signed them accordingly.
3. Matters arising
Councillor Underdown said that there had been no luck with the search for a ferryman for the pilgrim. The pontoon has not yet returned.
Councillor Coleman asked if any reply had been received from MHS about the priority for local people. The Clerk is to chase this up.
4. Notification of Any Other Business
Councillor Coleman – 1 item; Vice-Chairman – 1 item; Councillor Reynolds – 1 item; Councillor Palmer – 1 item and the Clerk – 2 items.
5. Reports by Chairman of Committees
Councillor Palmer reported that the basketball hoop is to be put up in the Upper Rec. by Cemex within the next two weeks.
As agreed at an earlier meeting, now the VAT situation has been resolved, Total Property will be asked to buy and install the play equipment.
He has seen Jim Sutherland who is to have his hip replacement on 15 October and who is writing an up to date job description for the post of Village Handyman.
There is an urgent need for football pitches now that Halling FC is up and running and the Clerk is to contact Medway Council about the Section 106 agreements relating to this. It was proposed by Councillor Palmer, seconded by Councillor Underdown, that a grant of £250
be made to the football club of which £40 has already been paid as a matter of urgency following an Estates Committee decision. This was agreed unanimously.
The MUGA project has been awarded £30,000 from the Youth Opportunity Fund and confirmation of this has been received in writing. Discussions about floodlighting for the project are still continuing.
Total Property have offered to maintain the garden at the top of Stake Lane, which was a Halling Association project, provided they can have a sign to this effect. Councillor Underdown said that this had been approved by the Halling Association. Cemex have agreed to look after this area and Forge Green until 31 December 2007.
The Committee, Councillor Wyatt had forwarded the following report which was read out in his absence by Councillor Coleman:
1. North Downs Way (RS207) blocked by logs at junction with MR46, reported by Pat Lawry. Chased Ann-Marie Behn who confirmed Medway would be clearing this Friday 5th October.
2. RS320 claim still outstanding and Ann-Marie Behn acknowledges requires attention and has promised to follow up. Update from her awaited
3. Met Dawn Moore, Lynne Overett’s replacement at Lafarge who will be handling issues on Footpaths over their land.
(c) Planning & Development
Councillor Underdown reported that there were no objections to the proposed conservatory on the side of 52 Vicarage Close, Lower Halling but the Parish Council had objected on parking grounds to the proposed demolition of a garage at 37 The Street, Upper Halling.
6. Jubilee Hall – no report but Councillor Palmer said that the next Committee is on 1 November.
7. Halling Association
The following report was read out by Councillor Underdown in the absence of Councillor Wyatt:
1. Meeting on 8th October at Cemex
2. Landscaping maintenance on Forge Green & Stake Lane issue needs resolving. Cemex agreed to carry on until end of year. Total Solutions to be approached to sponsor( by actual work) the maintenance in exchange for notice board advertising their sponsorship – Daryl to follow up
3. Scouts to plant bulbs at Forge Green sponsored by HA
4. Catherine Smith to report Bus Shelter at Forge Green damage and investigate replacement
5. Hanging Baskets in High Street not possible as Lamp Posts not suitable
6. Parish Street Map in final development by Richard Cottee. Ian Stuart to supply notice boards to Richard Cottee to investigate costing for new board at Jubilee Hall for second copy of Map
7. Daryl Palmer to contact Maurice Claydon to arrange siting of Basketball Hoops
8. Raffle Prize, £50 voucher from Linghams, as prize for Pensioners Xmas dinner
9. Rick Bayne appointed lead on Valley of Vision project & work starts next month with new team
10. Richard Cottee reported Solar Lighting could be problematical on MUGA, Youth opportunity Fund claim has been agreed in principal, but still to be ratified.
8. Community Centre – no report
9. Youth Club
The Vice-Chairman reported that more adult help is needed for the Club.
10. Soccer in Village
Covered by Councillor Palmer in 5(a) above
Councillor Coleman said that Dawn Moore has taken over responsibility for Lafarge’s footpaths but she is based in Westbury, Wiltshire and only comes to Kent once or twice a week.
Councillor Underdown reported that the Planning Presentation will be on 1 November for the Parish Council and other public bodies and on 3 November for residents who are to be notified by a letter drop. Free transport will be provided by the Company.
13. Halling View
Councillor Reynolds said there had been printing issues with the latest edition - Halling View has become the victim of its own success with more pages and colour leading to delays.
The Clerk is to chase up the advertisers who have not yet paid.
14. Remembrance Day
The Reverend Knight has once again invite the Parish Council to lay a wreath at the Church War Memorial and to read the lesson at the Service on 11 November.
See under Agenda items
|(a) L Hitchcock - funday||£108.28|
|(b) Jubilee Hall – reimbursement of payment||£250.00|
|£ Net||£ Vat||£ Gross|
|(a) You First Partnership – paper for HV||73.75||12.91||86.66|
|(b) Zurich Insurance - Forge Green||130.32||130.32|
|(c) You First Partnership – office consumables||88.50||15.49||103.99|
|(d) P Wyatt – expenses re MUGA||147.56||147.56|
|(e) Clive Stanley – web charges for August||27.50||27.50|
|(f) Total Property – clearance of slide||120.00||120.00|
|(g) Open Spaces Society – dues||30.00||30.00|
|(h) CPRE – dues||27.00||27.00|
|(i) 1st Halling Rainbows - donation||250.00||250.00|
|(j) MCL - recoverable from JH||250.00||43.75||293.75|
|(k) W R Swan – office expenses||130.33||130.33|
|(l) Halling FC – donation||40.00||40.00|
was proposed by Councillor Reynolds, seconded by Councillor Palmer, that the
above payments bee ratified. All agreed
17. Any Other Business
Councillor Mrs Coleman said that the next meeting of the local area KAPC is to be held at Halling hopefully in the school and Ian Stuart is looking into this. It will be on 29 January 2008 at 6.0 pm.
Councillor Reynolds raised the question of the power cuts that have been plaguing the village recently and he asked that EDF should be contacted to give an assurance that this is not a recurring feature bearing in mind the approach of winter and dark evenings.
The Chairman reported on a public meeting held in Cuxton on 8 October to discuss the safety of the A228 particularly at the Bush Road junction. Medway Council’ representatives said that they would look into the problem but did not offer any major solution to the problem.
The Chairman said that this should be one of the points for discussion at the forthcoming liaison meeting with Cuxton Parish Council.
18. Parishioners’ Questions
Among the subjects raised by residents were the following:
1. Cemex Liaison meeting
2. Rec rules
3. Parking on The Street, Upper Halling
Last updated ~ 01 November 2007
Website problems? Please report any broken links to: webmaster.
Website maintenance by Clive Stanley Associates
All rights reserved.