Halling Parish Council logopanorama of Halling from across the River Medway


The Parish Office, Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS  (01634) 241551
 

January 2017 Parish Council Meeting Minutes
 
[ Back to: Home Page :: Documents :: Parish Council
]


JAN 17/01

Minutes of the meeting of Halling Parish Council held on 9th January 2017 at the Jubilee Hall

  

Present: Chairman: Chris Herbert (Lower Ward) CH; George Wenham (Upper Ward) GW; Andy Simpson (Lower Ward) AS;  Richard Thorne (Lower Ward) RT; Les Hitchcock (Lower Ward) LH; Trevor Reynolds (Upper Ward) TR; Paul Crispe ( Lower Ward) CP; Kelly Talbot (Lower Ward) KT and Matt Fearn (Upper Ward) MF.

Clerk Bill Swan (WS) and 14 Members of the public

 

1.         Apologies for absence :   - none

 

2.         Disclosure of any other businessCH – 1 item

 

3.         Declaration of any Pecuniary and/or Prejudicial interests      None

 

4.         Public Questions

The following points were raised by the public:

Circle in Vicarage Close: Dog mess: Screening round sub station at St. Andrews Park: Picnic area on RS201: Seat by Upper Halling Bus stop: Safeguard for Fire Station money: Delays in settling Fire Station sale.

                                                                                                                               

5.         Reconvene meeting and minutes of Parish Council meetings

It was proposed by MF, seconded by GW that the minutes of the 21st November 2016 meeting be adopted.   All agreed.

 

6.         Matters arising from the last minutes

Item 12 - RT said that there was no objection to the application for 62 Rochester Road, North Halling.

 

7.         Report by the Chairman on:

            (a) the Christmas Grotto

            (b) the tree at the Community Centre

            (c)  the events committee

(a) CH said that the grotto had been well received by residents and he praised the hard work that had been put in by several Councillors.  He expressed his thanks to Sam Thomas of the Five Bells PH for all her work in making this event so successful.  There have been many calls for a repeat in 2017.  TR thanked CH for organising the event which came within budget and Halling Association for their donation of £1000 towards the Snow Globe. 

(b)  CH said that the putting up and taking down of the tree went well and he thanked all the team involved.  It was quite difficult to put the lights up but it was on a par with the trees in London, Cardiff and Edinburgh.

(c)  CH reported that the events committee met on Thursdays to discuss and organise the events and as suggested he felt that there should be an events committee for all future events involving the whole village.  An article to be put in Halling View.

Some ideas that have already put forward are Fireworks on the Marsh in conjunction with Wouldham, a Christmas pantomime, using the Bishops Palace for a summer outdoor theatre. 

 

8.         Planning

RT reported that there have been two applications since the last meeting as follows:

1 – MC/16/4804 - 14 the Timbers, St Andrews Park –garage conversation to garden room – no objection from residents.

2. – MC/16/ 4947 - 8 Chapel Houses, The Street, Upper Halling – 2 storey side extension – no objections.

RT then left the meeting by prior arrangement

 

9.         Halling Fire Station

CH said that a decision is expected from Medway Council by 16th January 2017.

 

10.    Report by George Wenham on the recreation grounds.

GW said that Lorraine Murphy is doing a good job on the recs but the youth shelter is in a poor state.  Maria Cook is to look into this.

 

11.       Following the success of the Parish Council in obtaining £8000 from the Tesco Bags for help scheme, to decide upon the budget for the proposed Gym equipment in the Lower rec.

CH confirmed that HPC had been successful in getting £8000 from this scheme   Maria Cook said that she will be getting 3 quotes for the same type of equipment.  It should be ready by this Easter.  The table tennis table can be left until later. 

It was proposed by TR, seconded by AS that HPC should proceed on these terms.  All agreed.

CH said that there is no fencing around the play areas – MC said that it is not necessary.

 

12.    Report by George Wenham on the marsh and footpaths

He had to speak to the Wildfowlers whose vehicles had been blocking Marsh Road.   Should the Wildfowlers put red flags up when they are shooting?  The Clerk is to contact them.  The drainage ditch has been cleared by Southern Water.  Barry Barnes mentioned that Tarmac UK wishes to have a set of conditions re  the permissive footpath from Whittings farm.  He will be contacting Medway Council about this.  CH feels that HPC and Barry Barnes should meet up with both Tarmac UK and Medway Council to resolve any issues.

 

13.     Proposal by Matt Fearn to set up a Committee to decide upon the procedure fro filling the vacancy caused by the resignation of the current Clerk and the necessary advertising of the post.

MF thanked WRS for all his service.  He said that The Assistant Clerk, Trudi Smith, should be invited to apply for the post as first option. Fire Station.   No formal decision was made as to the make up of any committee but it was considered that the Chairman, Vice-Chair and one other Councillor should be involved.  CH would stand down if the Assistant Clerk is involved.                                                                                                                                       

14.    Halling Community Award - Andy Simpson

AA said that KALC is co-ordinating a Kent and Medway scheme and he proposed Phil Tomlins for Halling in view of all his efforts as Santa and annual sleigh run for the last 16 years.

This was seconded by GW and all agreed. The Clerk will now do the paperwork.

 

15.       Dog mess in the Village

In view of the increasing problem of Dog Mess in the village, it was decided that HPC will have a full page article in the next edition of Halling View aimed at those residents who do not clear up after their dogs and will investigate other means of drawing this to people’s attention eg luminous sprays

 

ITEM 16 RECEIPTS AND 17PAYMENTS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RECEIPTS

 

 

 

 

 

 

16/11/2016

HV adverts

HV

 

125.00

 

 

22/11/2016

Poppy Collection

Section 137

517.47

 

 

25/11/2016

Costain

Fire Station

 

3250.00

 

 

21/12/2016

UK Power

EST

 

39.80

 

 

 

 

 

 

3932.27

 

 

PAYMENTS

 

 

 

 

 

 

01/11/2016

Clive Stanley

78.00

 

78.00

Web fees for October 2016

G/A

02/11/2016

Reindeer

297.50

59.50

357.00

Hire for Grotto

Xmas

02/11/2016

Trudi Smith

301.06

60.21

361.27

Purchase of presents

Xmas

02/11/2016

Funtime

1101.67

220.33

1322.00

Hire of Snow Globe

Xmas

04/11/2016

Medway Council

20.00

 

20.00

Lottery registration fee

G/A

04/11/2016

You First Pship

542.85

108.57

651.42

Toner under contract

HV

07/11/2016

Lorraine Murphy

50.40

 

50.40

Work on Lower & Upper recs

EST

07/11/2016

Total Property

252.00

 

252.00

Work on goals and lamps

EST

09/11/2016

Stepping Out

100.00

 

100.00

Deposit for ferris wheel

Xmas

14/11/2016

Lorraine Murphy

28.80

 

28.80

Work on recs

EST

26/10/2016

Trudi Smith

79.16

15.84

95.00

Lights for HPC

EST

23/11/2016

Time Electrical

104.86

20.96

125.82

Lights for HPC

EST

28/11/2016

North Halling Eng

100.00

20.00

120.00

Welding to shelter

EST

28/11/2016

Lorraine Murphy

36.00

 

36.00

Work on recs

EST

28/11/2016

Chris Herbert

300.00

60.00

360.00

Lights for HPC

Xmas

02/12/2016

Total Property

125.00

 

125.00

Pat testing

EST

05/12/2016

Tom Bailey

109.75

 

109.75

Work on upper rec

EST

05/12/2016

Clive Stanley

45.50

 

45.50

Web fees for November 2016

G/A

05/12/2016

Staples

88.80

17.75

106.55

Paper

HV

05/12/2016

Jubilee Hall

24.00

 

24.00

Hire of Hall

G/A

12/12/2016

BT

184.05

36.81

220.86

Phone and broadband

G/A

14/12/2016

Medway Council

1527.00

 

1527.00

3 months rates

FS

14/12/2016

Reindeer

441.50

88.30

529.80

Hire of reindeer

Xmas

19/12/2016

Irvine amsments

500.00

100.00

600.00

Ferris wheel

Xmas

19/12/2016

George Wenham

123.29

24.65

147.94

Fencing pins and petrol cans

EST

21/12/2016

Southern Electric

7.59

 

7.59

Supply

FS

21/12/2016

RBL

750.00

 

750.00

Poppy Collection

Section 137

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7318.78

832.92

8151.70

 

 

It was proposed by LH. Seconded by MF, that the above payments be ratified.

 

18.       Dates of forthcoming meetings of the Parish Council

It was agreed that the meeting of the Finance Committee to set the budget and precept for 2017/2018  should take place on Monday 23rd January at the Jubilee Hall.

 

19.       Any other business

CH said that in order that Councillors might be able to undertake training, it would be best for KALC to provide a session in Halling as done previously.

 

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.40 pm

 

                                   



up to top of page

Copyright 2017 ~ Halling Parish Council
15-Feb-2017 Website updated by Clive Stanley Associates