Halling Parish Council logopanorama of Halling from across the River Medway


The Parish Office, Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS  (01634) 241551
 

October 2016 ExtraOrdinary Parish Council Meeting Minutes
 
[ Back to: Home Page :: Documents :: Parish Council
]


EXOCT16/01 

Minutes of an extraordinary meeting of Halling Parish Council held on 25th October 2016 at the Community Centre

 

Present: Chairman: Chris Herbert (Lower Ward) CH; George Wenham (Upper Ward) GW; Andy Simpson (Lower Ward) AS;  Richard Thorne (Lower Ward) RT; Trevor Reynolds (Upper Ward) TR; and Les Hitchcock (Lower Ward) LH.

Clerk Bill Swan (WS) and 4 Members of the public

 

1.         Apologies for absence :   Matt Fearn and Kelly Talbot – reasons accepted

 

2.         Declaration of any Pecuniary and/or Prejudicial interests      None

 

3.         Update on meeting with Medway Council Planners – Chairman

CH gave a report on the meeting he and the Clerk attended to at the Gun wharf with Dave Harris and Paul Ives of the planning dept at Medway Council.  This was about the change of use for the fire station and the Baptist Church’s plans for the demolition of the old chapel and the erection of 2 houses on that site.  CH said we were able to show that the clause conveying title from KFRS to HPC did not include the use of the fire station as an office, only that the building should be used for community use.  Therefore HPC was not a party to the section 106 agreement.  Dave Harris said that this clarified the situation and they would proceed with a simple Section 106 agreement so that the demolition of the old chapel and construction of 2 houses would be dependent on the change of use of the fire station. As this is an Officer Delegated matter he would use his best endeavours to move things along but that there was always the possibility that the applications might be referred to the Planning Committee.                                                                                                                                                             

4.         Christmas Grotto and tree events

CH said that the Xmas tree has been ordered and will be arriving on the morning of 3rd December. He said that there is a need for a working party of all Councillors and asked for volunteers to help with the erection of the tree. And to check out the lights before hand to ensure they work properly.

RT asked if HPC could have equipment like a cherry picker to help with the tree and the lights.

Could Redrow be approached to help?  The Clerk is to write to the Community Centre to ask for permission in the usual way.

CH said that the reindeer, barn owl and sleigh have been booked along with the snow globe and the face painting lady.  Redrow has been asked to fund a children’s ferris wheel but no offer has been received as yet.  There will be candy floss and popcorn stalls along with stalls manned by the PTA and youth club..

Help will also be needed for a number of tasks including putting up lights, generators, obtaining and transporting tables and chairs.  RT asked if HPC could lay on transport for those in Upper Halling without cars and if New Town Social Club and the Homeward Bound could be involved.

CH said that in the event of bad weather the Community Centre might be used and HPC should book this provisionally.

CH will prepare a list of jobs for HPC Members to sign up to.

It was proposed to set up a working party to arrange this. This was seconded by TR and all agreed.

 

The meeting closed at 8.05pm.

                                   



up to top of page

Copyright 2016 ~ Halling Parish Council
26-Nov-2016 Website updated by Clive Stanley Associates