Halling Parish Council logopanorama of Halling from across the River Medway


The Parish Office, Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS  (01634) 241551
 

November 2016 Parish Council Meeting Minutes
 
[ Back to: Home Page :: Documents :: Parish Council
]


NOV 16/01

Minutes of the meeting of Halling Parish Council held on 21st November 2016 at the Jubilee Hall

 

  

Present: Chairman: Chris Herbert (Lower Ward) CH; George Wenham (Upper Ward) GW; Andy Simpson (Lower Ward) AS;  Richard Thorne (Lower Ward) RT; Trevor Reynolds (Upper Ward) TR and Matt Fearn (Upper Ward) MF.

Clerk Bill Swan (WS) and 6 Members of the public

 

1.         Apologies for absence :   Michael Leverington, Les Hitchcock and Kelly Talbot – reasons accepted

 

2.         Disclosure of any other business - none

 

3.         Declaration of any Pecuniary and/or Prejudicial interests      None

 

4.         Public Questions

The following points were raised by the public:

Fence in Vicarage Close circle; why dates of meetings changed. Audio system at Jubilee Hall:

Railway approach in poor condition; Station ticket machine smashed;  phone box at Forge Green;

Community Speed Watch; Speed survey in High Street; St Andrews not connected to main sewer yet; footpath on Redrow land near Pryngs Cottage overgrown;                                                                                                                                                  

5.         Reconvene meeting and minutes of Parish Council meetings

It was proposed by GW, seconded by RT that the minutes of the 11th October meeting be adopted.  All agreed.  AS proposed with GW seconding, that the minutes of the 25th October be adopted.  All agreed.

 

6.         Matters arising from the last minutes

Item 18 - RT said that there would be no carol service on 4th December  but there will be on 22nd December at the Christmas Grotto.

 

7.         Co-options to fill the vacancies in Lower and Upper Wards

It was proposed by CH, seconded by TR, that Paul Crispe be co-opted to fill the vacancy in Lower Ward.  All agreed and Paul signed the declaration book and took his place.

The vacancy in Upper Ward is still unfilled.

 

8.         Report on Marsh and footpaths

The footpaths officer Barry Barnes reported that he has been negotiating for 15 months to have a permissive footpath from the plough path to Whittings farm.  Tarmac UK have now come up with lots of conditions  eg HPC to cut hedges and maintain surfacing.  This has been discussed with the PROW officer at Medway Council.  Will HPC be prepared to accept any condition that Tarmac UK come up with?

CH said that HPC needs to meet with Tarmac and Medway to discuss this.

GW said that the Marsh footpath will be closed shortly to allow the drainage board to fix a broken pipe.

 

9.      Report on Lower and Upper recs (including football ) – George Wenham

The clearing of both recs is being carried out by Lorraine Murphy to a high standard.

He had received reports of senior football being played in the Upper Rec but has not been able to confirm this. 

 

10.        Recreation Grounds update and to approve budget to complete turfing around new equipment in Lower rec.  – Chairman and Maria Cook

CH said that when the new equipment was installed in August it was decided to delay the new grass until the autumn because of the dry weather.  The best quote to do this is £1423.42 and it was proposed by MF, seconded by RT that this be accepted   All agreed. A quote of £150 had been received for the

 

11.    Report on Planning Applications received since the October 2016 meeting

RT said that one has been received :

MC/16/4684  62 Rochester Road, North Halling – 4 bed house

There are 28 days for observations and RT will check on the application and report back.

 

12.    Update on Fire Station

CH reported that there will be a section 106 agreement that application for the 2 houses by Halling Baptist Church will be linked to the change of use of the Fire Station.  A decision should be made around the 16th December.

                                                                                                                                             

13.    Halling in Bloom - Richard Thorne

RT said he has had no chance to meet up with the Kent and Medway Rail Partnership as yet but there should be no financial impact on HPC.

 

14.       Christmas Grotto – Chairman

CH reported that weekly Working Party meetings are being held in the run up to the event.  Father Christmas and his reindeer have been booked along with the Choir from Bo-Peeps, Tea Cups roundabout, Mini Ferris Wheel and Snow Globe.  Doughnuts, popcorn and candy floss stalls will be in attendance. The event is on 22nd December at the Bishops Palace between 4 and 8 pm. Details will be in Halling View which is due out on 1st December.

 

15.       Other Christmas events update.

CH said that the tree is coming on 3rd December around 10 am and volunteers are needed to assist with the erection and decoration on the day.   RT said 3 full sets of the old lights were OK but we probably need new ones and a new star.

 

16.       Tesco bags of help.

The vote has now closed and HPC is waiting to hear from Groundwork UK at the end of November.

 

17        Payments

ITEM 17 PAYMENTS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

01-Oct-16

Lorraine Murphy

43.20

 

43.20

Work on Lower & Upper recs

EST

05-Oct-16

Clive Stanley

52.00

 

52.00

Web fees September 2016

G/A

05-Oct-16

Jubilee Hall

12.00

 

12.00

Hire of hall

G/A

05-Oct-16

PKF Littlejohn

300.00

60.00

360.00

2015/16 Audit

G/A

07-Oct-16

Lorraine Murphy

54.00

 

54.00

Work on Lower & Upper recs

EST

12-Oct-16

Halling Minors

300.00

 

300.00

Transfer from Halling Association

Section 137

14-Oct-16

Lorraine Murphy

57.60

 

57.60

Work on Lower & Upper recs

EST

21-Oct-16

W R Swan

77.42

15.47

92.89

Phone and broadband

G/A

21-Oct-16

Lorraine Murphy

43.20

 

43.20

Work on Lower & Upper recs

EST

26-Oct-16

Total Property

82.50

 

82.50

Emergency repairs to adventure trail

EST

26-Oct-16

Tom Bailey

100.75

 

100.75

Work on upper rec

EST

31-Oct-16

Lorraine Murphy

43.20

 

43.20

Work on Lower & Upper recs

EST

31-Oct-16

Medway Council

509.00

 

509.00

Rates on Fire Station

FS

31-Oct-16

Southern Electric

5.87

1.18

7.05

Standing charge

FS

31-Oct-16

Open Spaces Soc

45.00

 

45.00

Subs renewal

G/A

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1,725.74

76.65

1,802.39

 

 

 

It was proposed by TR seconded by AS that the above payments be ratified.  All agreed.

 

18.       Any other business

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.40 pm

 

                                   



up to top of page

Copyright 2016 ~ Halling Parish Council
10-Jan-2017 Website updated by Clive Stanley Associates