The Parish Office, Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS (01634) 241551
[ Back to: Home Page :: Documents :: Parish Council ]
I hereby give notice of the annual meeting of Halling Parish Council to be held at the Community Cente on Wednesday 25th May 2016 at 7.30 pm.
20th May 2016 Parish Clerk
1. To elect the Chair for the ensuing year
2. Signing of the Declaration Book
3. Apologies for absence
4. Disclosure of any other business – additional items to be discussed that have arisen since the publishing of the Agenda; no votes on these issues to take place.
5. Declaration of any Pecuniary and Prejudicial Interests
6. Adjourn meeting for Public Questions (up to 30 mins)
7. Reconvene meeting and Minutes of the April 2016 meeting
8. Matters arising from Minutes of last meeting
9. To elect Vice-Chair and Committee Portfolio Holders
10. To appoint Members of Committees and representatives to other bodies
11. To discuss the tenders received for Halling Marsh Grazing and to decide accordingly
12. Annual Parish Meeting – report
13. Halling View and Newsletter – proposal by Trevor Reynolds to set up an editorial board from Councillors to edit and monitor the publications and decide on frequency of production.
14. Queen’s Official Birthday – proposal by Richard Thorne to arrange an event in the Lower rec. on Saturday 11th June 2016
15. Boot fairs – proposal by Andy Simpson to hold 3 boot fairs during the summer in the lower rec. to raise money for equipment in both recs.
16. Standing Orders – proposal by Michael Leverington to set up a working party from Councillors to revise Standing Orders
17. Face Book – proposal by Michael Leverington to discuss the adoption of a Halling PC Facebook page/group.
18. Planning – to discuss the following planning applications
(a) NUMBER: MC/16/1303 LOCATION: 18 High Street, Halling, ME2 1BX
PROPOSAL: Part single part 2 storey side extensions together with a 2 storey rear extension; raising of roof height to facilitate the formation of dormers to front rear and sides to enable conversion of property into 5 self contained flats whilst retaining the retail unit A1 use class to ground floor - Demolition of existing dormer and car port to side and conservatory to rear
(b) NUMBER: MC/16/2167 - LOCATION: 15C FOXGLOVE ROW, VICARAGE ROAD, HALLING, ROCHESTER, ME2 1BJ - Construction of a conservatory to rear
19. Halling Fire Station – update on sale.
20. Recreation Grounds
Proposal by Chris Herbert to consider and accept a Tender for the new equipment as recommended by the working party.
21. Traffic – to discuss a request for a visit from Medway Council Highways’ Manager.
22. Marsh and footpaths – report
23. Request for dog bins on the Marsh
i) To discuss and approve for payment any invoices received since the April meeting.
ii) To approve any regular payments made since the April meeting.