Halling Parish Council logopanorama of Halling from across the River Medway


The Parish Office, Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS  (01634) 241551
 

January 2016 Parish Council Meeting Minutes
 
[ Back to: Home Page :: Documents :: Parish Council
]


Minutes of Halling Parish Council held on 13th January 2016 at the Community Centre

Present:  Chair George Wenham (Upper Ward) GW; Vice-Chair Mark Joy (North Ward) MJ; Chris Herbert (Lower Ward) CH; Les Hitchcock (Lower Ward) LH;

Kelly Talbot (Lower Ward) KT; Andy Simpson (Lower Ward) AS; Trevor Reynolds (Upper Ward) TR; and Michael Chattington (North Ward) MC

 

Bill Swan – Clerk (WS) and 27 members of the public.

 

1.           Apologies for absence

Mark Joy, Richard Thorne and Matt Fearn – reasons accepted.

 

2.           Disclosure of any other Business

              WS – 1 item – Jubilee Hall car park

 

3.           Declaration of Pecuniary and Prejudicial Interests - none

             

4.           Adjourn meeting for Parishioners’ Questions

Among the points raised were the following:

Parking overnight in the Jubilee Hall car park.  Brick pillar on Station Approach.  Lack of information on the Fire Station.  Assurance that all Fire Station Committees will be open.  Why can’t a decision on the Fire Station  be made earlier than March 2016. The state of Essex and Vicarage Roads.  Dumping at Halling Train Station. Lack of dog mess bins.  Petition re Fire Station.

 

5.         Reconvene meeting and approve minutes of 11th November 2015 meeting.

It was proposed by LH, seconded by CH, that the minutes of this meeting be adopted and all agreed apart from TR who was not present.  It was proposed by TR, seconded by LH, that the minutes of the extra-ordinary meeting on 2nd December 2015 be adopted.  All agreed.  The minutes of the Fire Station Committee on 16th December 2015 and the Finance Committee on 6th December were held over for approval until further meetings of those Committees.

                                                                                                                                           

6.         Matters arising from the minutes  - none

             

7.           Bob Morton’s resignation.

              GW reported that Bob Morton has submitted his resignation from the Parish Council.  He thanked Bob for the time and effort he has put in over the last 2 years and wanted HPC to write formally thanking Bob.  Filling Bob’s position on the Fire Station was held over to the next meeting but TR volunteered to take on Bob’s role on the KCRP until May 2016.

 

8.           Proposal by the Chairman to have a site meeting on the Marsh to look at the future use of the March in 2016 and to report on footpaths.

It was proposed by GW, seconded by LH, that Councillors meet on the marsh at 10 am on Saturday 16th January  to look at the state of the marsh. recommendation that cattle be kept off the south side of the common. This would keep the tradition of grazing on the marsh.  The money HPC spends on the protection and upkeep on the marsh outweighs the grazing income from grazing.

The RS201 detour path is now open.              

   

The first necessary steps have been taken regarding the permissive path from Whittings Farm 

                                                                                                            

9            Planning

              Elmhaven Marina – an appeal has been made about the previous decision.

 

10.         Halling Fire Station  

            KT said that the Committee were thinking about letting people know their ideas by a leaflet drop and an online posting. She said that the 31st March deadline was agreed by the whole Council.

                                                                                                                             

10.      Lower Recreation Ground

The Chair and Vice-Chair having agreed, under standing orders, to her speaking, Maria Cook said that Tesco are supporting green space areas from the 5p bag tax and that HPC should apply for a grant for projects like the play areas.

 

11.       Items 11, 12a, 12b and 12c.

As the proposer was not present, these could not be discussed.

 

13.          Proposal by Trevor Reynolds to add new Standing Order 15(a) (v111) “Councillors who are not members of a committee attend the committee and speak., but they are permitted to vote”

              This was seconded by CH and agreed by all.
 

14.         Proposal by Trevor Reynolds to ask the Clerk to amend Standing Order 1(m) concerning the public recording of meetings to reflect the latest legislation.

              The protocol is to be looked at and HPC should send any comments to the Clerk for a decision by the full Council.
 

15.      Proposal by the Chairman to refurbish the swings and the replace the shelter in the lower rec.

              Maria Cook said that the £2,000 from the Police Commissioner’s fund is not enough for a new shelter but it could be refurbished with the money. The play area is more important than the shelter at the present so any HPC money should be spent on this.  It would be best to hold any decisions over until quotes are received and HPC knows how much money is available.          

16.         Closed item

              It was proposed by LH, seconded by CH, that this item be moved to the end of the meeting and the public excluded.  Agreed with 2 abstentions.
 

ITEM 17  RECEIPTS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Budget Head

 

 

 

13/11/2015

 

Event Attractions

Refund

HFW15

360.00

 

360.00

25/11/2015

 

Poppy Collection

 

Section 137

689.55

 

689.55

09/12/2015

 

Total Property

Advert

HV

45.00

 

45.00

09/12/2015

 

Beaneys

Advert

HV

80.00

 

80.00

09/12/2015

 

Beaneys

Donation for Poppy Collection

Section 137

20.00

 

20.00

04/01/2016

 

UK Power Networks

Wayleave

EST

37.82

 

37.82

04/01/2016

 

National Grid

Wayleave

EST

176.46

 

176.46

 

 

 

 

 

1408.83

 

1408.83

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ITEM 18 PAYMENTS

 

 

Net

Vat

Gross

Needing ratification

 

 

 

 

Total

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Date

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

26/10/2015

 

Ben Cook

Work on recs.

EST

89.50

 

89.50

28/10/2015

 

Tom Bailey

Work on Upper rec

EST

90.00

 

90.00

30/10/2015

 

Ben Cook

Work on recs.

EST

55.00

 

55.00

04/11/2015

 

Southern Water

Fire Station

FS

36.25

 

36.25

04/11/2015

 

Total Property

Outside lighting and dehum hire

FS

185.00

 

185.00

04/11/2015

 

Medway Council

Lottery fee

HFW16

20.00

 

20.00

04/11/2015

 

Clive Stanley

Web fees for October 2015

G/A

42.00

 

42.00

11/11/2015

 

Ian Adams

Donation towards school poppy

Section 137

100.00

 

100.00

16/11/2015

 

SE water

Fire Station

FS

45.94

 

45.94

16/11/2015

 

Halling Community Centre

Hire of hall

G/A

24.00

 

24.00

20/11/2015

 

Ben Cook

Work on recs.

EST

75.00

 

75.00

27/11/2015

 

Poppy Appeal

Collection

Section 137

689.55

 

689.55

30/11/2015

 

Tom Bailey

Work on Upper rec

EST

71.50

 

71.50

30/11/2015

 

Total Property

JH car park and stiles

EST

275.00

 

275.00

02/12/2015

 

Clive Stanley

Web fees for November 2015

G/A

96.00

 

96.00

02/12/2015

 

Scarbutts Printers

Printing of December edition

HV

1128.00

 

1128.00

04/12/2015

 

Paula Wilkins-Smith

Delivery of HV

HV

70.00

 

70.00

09/12/2015

 

Halling Community Centre

Hire of hall

G/A

24.00

 

24.00

09/12/2015

 

Total Property

Marsh fencing repairs

EST

85.00

 

85.00

09/12/2015

 

Total Property

Dehumidifier hire

FS

60.00

 

60.00

09/12/2015

 

Poppy Appeal

Wreaths and donation

Section 137

120.00

 

120.00

11/12/2015

 

Ben Cook

Work on recs.

EST

75.00

 

75.00

14/12/2015

 

BT

Phone and broadband

G/A

168.21

33.64

201.85

16/12/2015

 

Ben Cook

Work on recs.

EST

55.00

 

55.00

30/12/2015

 

Tom Bailey

Work on Upper rec

EST

97.50

 

97.50

04/01/2016

 

Clive Stanley

Web fees for December 2015

G/A

66.00

 

66.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3843.45

33.64

3877.09

 
It was proposed by TR, seconded MC, that the above payments be ratified.  All agreed.

19.  Dates of forthcoming meetings of the Parish Council.

Meeting of the Parish Council at the Jubilee Hall on Tuesday 9th February 016 at 7.30 pm.
 

20.  Any Other Business

Already dealt with during meeting.
 

16.  Closed item – KCC legal scheme

TR said that HPC told KLS previously that it would be revisiting this. He is of the opinion that having now seen everything relating to this, he considers that the Parish Council should not pay KLS’s invoices as they were never authorised by HPC.  It was proposed by TR, seconded by CH, that a letter be sent to KLS pointing out its position.

 
All agreed.

 
The meeting closed at 8.45 pm.

  

                                   



up to top of page

Copyright 2016 ~ Halling Parish Council
19-Feb-2016 Website updated by Clive Stanley Associates