Halling Parish Council logopanorama of Halling from across the River Medway


The Parish Office, Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS  (01634) 241551
 

April 2016 Parish Council Meeting Minutes
 
[ Back to: Home Page :: Documents :: Parish Council
]


Minutes of Halling Parish Council held on 12th April 2016 at the Community Centre

APR16/01


Present:  Chair George Wenham (Lower Ward) GW; Chris Herbert (Lower Ward) CH;  Trevor Reynolds (Upper Ward) TR; Matt Fearn (Upper Ward) MF and Richard Thorne (Lower Ward) RT.

Bill Swan – Clerk (WS) and 21 members of the public.

 

1.      Apologies for absence. – Mark Joy, Andy Simpson, Kelly Talbot and Les Hitchcock.

 

2.    Disclosure of Any Other Business – additional items that have arisen since the publishing of the Agenda – no votes to take place on these issues to take place.  

The Clerk had 1 item – the renewal of the KALC subscription for 2016/7

 

3.      Declaration of any Pecuniary and/or Prejudicial interests  - none

 

4.    Public Questions

The following points were raised by the public:

Councillors living outside village. Marsh footpaths. Electric fence on Plough path. Rubbish on by pass. Vicarage Close circle. Dog bins.  Whittings Farm path.  Section 106 for school.  Trechmann’s wharf.  Inspection of play areas. Bus service in Upper Halling. Sewage connection in St. Andrews Park.    

 

5.    Reconvene meeting and minutes of Parish Council meetings.

It was proposed by TR, seconded by RT, that the minutes were a true record.  The Chairman duly signed them.

 

6.    Matters arising from the minutes – none

 

7.    Co-option of Members for Lower and North Wards

It was proposed by TR, seconded by RT, that June Doohan (JD) be co-opted on to the Parish Council for Lower Ward, and that Michael Leverington (ML) be co-opted for North Ward.  All agreed, June and Michael signed the declaration book and took their places.

 

8.    Report on Marsh and footpaths by the Chair and a decision to be made on cattle grazing for the current year.

GW had met with Andrew Lingham to discuss the areas that could be grazed.  He also said that the Clerk has been in contact with Southern Water who have authorised contractors to carry out the work.  CH proposed that the tender documents for grazing be issued within 14 days and that  they be updated to reflect modern practices.  This was seconded by RT and all agreed.

 

9.     Planning – no new applications received

 

10.    Annual Parish Meeting.

The Clerk reported that arrangements were going well.

 

11.    Funday – no report

 

12.    Proposal by Andy Simpson that a boot fare be organised in the lower recreation ground for three dates May 22nd, June 26th and July 24th.  All proceeds to go towards the refurbishment of play equipment. – the proposer was not present so the item was not discussed

   

13.    Play equipment in Recs. and funding for them.

Maria reported that there will be a meeting at the shelter on 14th April at 9.30 to meet the man who is to do the refurbishment.  She thanked Halling Baptist Church for their donation of £574.00 for play equipment in the recs.   Tenders for the new equipment need to go out by 16th April  and a decision on them by HPC will need to take place by 23rd May to ensure that installation goes ahead by the end of July.  CH said that HPC should spend the £30575 now from its balances and put the remaining items in place when money is available.

It was then proposed by GW, seconded by TR, that HPC provide an extra £20,000 now from existing funds to ensure that phase 1 for the lower rec. is put in place.  All agreed.

GW thanked Maria for all the work she has put in on behalf of HPC in her own time.
 

14. Use of upper recreation ground for Junior football.

RT said that the parking problems arose when there were 2 functions at the Jubilee Hall and 2 football matches in the Upper rec on the same Sunday.  He proposed that HPC should give 7 days for Cuxton 91 FC to sign the agreement and deliver it to the office or they cannot carry on.  This was seconded by ML.  CH thought that there should be at least an hour between matches to allow teams an supporters to clear the area after matches.  All Agreed

15. New printer for the office – to consider purchase or lease

ML thought that the Clerk should get 2 more quotes for leasing a new printer.

 
16. Update on the sale of the Fire Station

CH said that to get the conveyancing moving, he proposed that the quote of £350 from Apex Law should be accepted.  This was seconded by TR and all agreed with one abstention.

ITEM 17  RECEIPTS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Budget Head

 

 

 

24/02/2016

 

Slimming World

Advert in Halling View

HV

80.00

 

 

24/02/2016

 

Berverly Rousseau

Advert in Halling View

HV

80.00

 

 

26/02/2016

 

Total Property

Advert in Halling View

HV

45.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

205.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ITEM 18 PAYMENTS

 

 

Net

Vat

Gross

Needing ratification

 

 

 

 

Total

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Date

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

01/02/2016

 

Clive Stanley

Web fees for January 2016

G/A

97.50

 

97.50

08/02/2016

 

Total Property

Dehumidifer hire

FS

60.00

 

60.00

10/02/2016

 

Ben Cook

Work on recs.

EST

82.55

 

82.55

22/02/2016

 

Total Property

Replacement locks on N/Bs

EST

342.00

 

342.00

26/02/2016

 

Tom Bailey

Work on Upper rec

EST

71.50

 

71.50

29/02/2016

 

Total Property

Repairs to wall at Fire Stn

FS

220.00

 

220.00

02/03/2016

 

Total Property

Dehumidifer hire

FS

60.00

 

60.00

02/03/2016

 

Clive Stanley

Web fees for February 2016

G/A

78.00

 

78.00

02/03/2016

 

Halling Community Centre

Hire of hall

G/A

24.00

 

24.00

09/03/2016

 

Paula Wilkins-Smith

Delivery of Halling View

HV

75.00

 

75.00

09/03/2016

 

Scarbutts Ltd

Printing March Halling View

HV

890.00

 

890.00

11/03/2016

 

Ben Cook

Work on recs.

EST

85.00

 

85.00

14/03/2016

 

BT

Phone and broadband

G/A

152.30

30.46

182.76

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

14/03/2016

 

Southern Electric

Supply at Fire Station

FS

22.17

1.92

24.09

14/03/2016

 

Staples

Paper and ink

G/A

171.09

34.21

205.30

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total

 

2431.11

66.59

2497.70

                          

It was proposed by CH, seconded by RT, that the above payments be ratified. 

The Clerk was asked to submit an invoice to Costain Contractors for the use of the car park at the rear of the Fire Station since November 2015.

 

19. Dates of forthcoming meetings of the Parish Council

Annual Parish Meeting on 23rd April at the Community Centre from 12 noon to 3.00 pm.

Annual Meeting of the Parish Council on 11th May 2016 at the Community Centre at 7.30pm

20 Any Other Business

The Clerk said that the renewal terms for the KALC membership had been received for 2016/7 with a 10% increase.   It was proposed by TR, seconded by CH, that these be approved.  There were 3 for and 2 abstentions.  Carried.

The meeting closed at 9.00 pm.

   

                                   



up to top of page

Copyright 2016 ~ Halling Parish Council
25-May-2016 Website updated by Clive Stanley Associates