The Parish Office, Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS (01634) 241551
[ Back to: Home Page :: Documents :: Parish Council ]
3rd June 2015 Parish Clerk
1. Apologies for absence
2. Disclosure of any other business – additional items to be discussed that have arisen since the publishing of the Agenda - no votes on these issues to take place.
3. Declaration of any Pecuniary and/or Prejudicial Interests
4. Adjourn meeting for Parishioners’ Questions. Allow up to 20 minutes for Parishioners to address questions to the Chair.
5. Reconvene meeting and Minutes of Parish Council meetings
To receive and approve Minutes of the 13th May 2015.
6. Matters arising from the Minutes
7. Halling Funday – a proposal by Bob Morton (Lower Ward) that the Parish Council adopts the Funday planned for 18th July 2015
Report by George Wenham and Barry Barnes.
9 Recreation Grounds.
Update from Andy Simpson (Lower Ward)
Report by Matt Fearn on any applications received since last meeting.
11. Redrow Homes - Proposal by Chris Herbert (Lower Ward) that Halling Parish Council make contact with Redrow to establish a dialogue regarding current and future matters affecting the Parish as the result of the Redrow development in Halling.
12. Halling Fire Station – proposal by Chris Herbert that the Parish Council, having considered the terms under which it holds the property known as the Fire Station, Halling, now considers it prudent to dispose of the property maintaining the ongoing covenant that the property be used for Community Use and that this disposal be made by way of sealed bids which may or may not be accepted by the Parish Council. Further, the proposal is that the sale be marketed by Hicks Estate Agents in Snodland for a fee of 1.25% and that a budget of £2,500 be set aside to cover costs other than the Estate Agent’s fees. Any net resulting income made from the sale to be used exclusively for the improvement of both the Lower and Upper recreation grounds in Halling and other property owned by the Parish Council (see attached report)
13. Proposal by George Wenham (Upper Ward) to fence off the Kent Wildfowlers’ land from HPC land
14. Proposal by Sally Brady (North Ward) to
(i) Review and adopt the Bullying Policy proposed by Andy Simpson (Lower Ward) into the Parish Council’s Standing Orders/Code of Conduct.
(ii) Review and update the Social Media Policy adopted by the Parish Council in September 2014 to ensure that Councillors make use of the Parish Council website and Notice Boards that are accessible to all parishioners for any notifications. (see attached report)
15. Proposals by Mark Joy (North Ward)
(i) Local Council Award Scheme. to proceed with achieving foundation stage within the next 12 months.
(ii) Lower Recreation Shelter - to look at Street Art (Grafitti) to brighten up the Shelter within the Lower Recreation Ground.
(iii) Football in the Upper Recreation Ground.
(i) To discuss and approve for payment any invoices received since the May 2015 meeting.
(ii) To approve any regular payments made since the May 2015 meeting.
18. Dates of forthcoming meetings of the Parish Council
Meeting of the Parish Council on 8th July 2015 at the Community Centre at 7.30 pm.
19. Any Other Business