The Parish Office, Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS (01634) 241551
[ Back to: Home Page :: Documents :: Parish Council ]
I hereby give notice of an extraordinary meeting of Halling Parish Council to be held at the Community Centre on Wednsday 2nd December 2015 at 7.30 pm.
27th November 2015 Parish Clerk
1. Apologies for absence
2. Parishioners questions - to allow 20 minutes for questions
3. Declaration of any Pecuniary and/or Prejudicial Interests
4. Motion by the Chairman to defer agenda items 5,6,7,8 and 9 to the January 2016 meeting as the main reason for this extra-ordinary meeting to be called is to discuss the disposal of the fire station.
5. Motion to appoint a Personnel Committee of three councillors with delegated powers.
6. Motion to appoint a Standards Committee of no less than three councillors and no more than five Councillors. The reason for this is to ensure that we can carry out actions in line with our standing orders in a more timely fashion.
7. Motion to suspend all standing orders relating to finance, to allow a thorough review of financial regulations and other financial matters.
8. Motion to appoint a Finance Committee of five councillors with delegated powers.
9. Motion to appoint an events committee of no less than three Parish Councillors and no more than five Parish Councillors. As the Parish Council carries out more events, it is prudent that the council takes a lead in these events. The committee to also have provision to co-opt members of the parish to assist with the events.
10. Refurbishment plans for the recreation grounds being undertaken as per the Sport England application – update.
11. Former Fire station – Motion raised by Richard Thorne, Kelly Talbot, Andy Simpson and Michael Chattington that a decision on the future of the Fire Station be deferred to enable all possibilities for its future use, including community use directly by Halling Parish Council and sale to the sole bidder, to be fully evaluated. A committee be set up for that purpose and instructed to carry out full public consultation.
12. Halling Fire Station
Proposal by Chris Herbert - to receive tenders for the disposal of the Fire Station and decide upon the next action to be taken to progress the disposal in the event that a tender or tenders is received that equals or exceeds the minimum value already agreed by the council
13. Closed item: Kent Legal Services – update on outstanding invoice.