Halling Parish Council logopanorama of Halling from across the River Medway


The Parish Office, Community Centre, High Street, Lower Halling, Rochester, Kent ME2 1BS  (01634) 241551

 

April 2015 Parish Council Meeting Minutes
 
[ Back to: Home Page :: Documents :: Parish Council
]


MINUTES of Halling Parish Council held on 8th April 2015 at the Jubilee Hall  


Present:  Chair Sally Brady; Vice-Chair Chris Herbert (CH), Bob Morton (BM), Alan Herbert (AH), George Wenham (GW), Jim Sutherland (JS); Les Hitchcock (LH);  Andy Simpson (AS) and Matt Fearn    Bill Swan – Clerk (WS) and 9 members of the public. 

 

1.              Apologies for absence

                  Mark Joy(MJ)  – reason accepted.

 

2.              Disclosure of any other Business

JS – 2 items – poppy at the school and Community Centre Committee;  AS – 1 item - report on RLC;  Clerk – 1 item on policing; Les Hitchcock – trees in Recs.

 

3.              Declaration of Pecuniary and Prejudicial Interests 

                  JS and AH declared a pecuniary interest in item 11 – Redrow Homes

 

4.              Adjourn meeting for Parishioners’ Questions

                  The  Chair adjourned the meeting and invited questions from the public present.

                  The following points were raised:

                  Tree on Plough path; No right turn at St. Andrews Park; Ownership of Jubilee hall; Voluntary Groups from young people; Safer routes to school.   

 

5.              Reconvene meeting and Minutes of Parish Council meetings

                  The -Chair reconvened the meeting and asked if the Minutes of the 11th March 2015 meeting were a true record.  LH proposed, seconded by GW, that they be accepted.  All agreed apart from SB who abstained as she was not at the meeting.  The Chair duly signed them.

 

6.              Matters Arising from Minutes of last meeting  

                  Item 6 – JS  asked what the planning issues were with the football pitches. SB replied that there were problems with the height of electricity cables over the area..

                                   

7.              Halling Marsh Grazing

                  The Clerk passed round the Kent Wildlife Trust’s  report on his site visit to the marsh with GW,   having already emailed this to Members before the meeting..  GW proposed, seconded by LH, that the Parish Council accept the report and invite Tenders based upon the recommendations of the KWT report.  All agreed apart from MF who abstained.  The Clerk will send out the tender documents for return by Monday 20th April 2015.

 

8.              Footpaths

GW reported that the path by Maximilian Drive has now been treated with type 1 aggregate together with the steps at the gate on Marsh Road.  Barry Barnes thanked Martyn Court for  the work on the paths and stiles.  The footpaths are in good order following the dry spell. RS201 will be closed for at least another six months until Redrow are ready to reopen it.

Part of the path from Whittings Farm to the plough path is owned by Medway Council who are keeping in touch with Barry Barnes.

 

9.              Recreation Grounds

JS reported that the Working party has been to the school and was well received.  Maria Cook has also been to the Youth Club and Bo-Peeps to get their views.

CH said that if the youth shelter is removed from the lower rec., this would only move the anti social behaviour elsewhere in the village.  This view is also held by the police.  It was decided to put up laminated signs in the shelter warning that if the anti social behaviour continues, the shelter will be removed within six months

 

10.            Planning  -

                  MF reported on the  following applications received since last month’s meeting.                

                  1.  MC/15/0912 – 61 Rochester Road, North Halling – 2 storey side extension

                  2.  MC/15/0998 – 41 Vicarage road, Lower Halling – single storey sided summerhouse/shed

                  3.  MC/15/1041 – 21 Pilgrims Road, North Halling – 2 storey side extension.

                  The sites had been visited and the Parish Council had no comments to make on any of these.

                                                                                                                                                                 

11             Redrow

SB said that there had been no update and that Redrow have been very slow over the matter of the football pitches.

 

12.            Halling Fire Station.

                  CH said that he and the Clerk had visited the fire station with Robert Beswarick of Hicks and Co. who is preparing the planning application for change of use.  The Clerk is taking up the matter of the rate demand from Medway Council as this does not have any relief shown.

 

 13.           Annual Parish meeting on 25th April 2015

                  The Clerk said that the Community Centre had been booked for between 12 noon and 3 pm and Invitations have been sent out to those bodies with a local interest in Halling for residents to meet and question as appropriate.  The WI will be providing the refreshments.

 

14             Kent Community Rail Partnership.

BM reported on the 26th March meeting in Maidstone. Halling Primary School gave a presentation on improvements needed at Halling Train Station. This was a very creditable performance.  It was agreed that the station needs some “TLC“ and volunteer groups are sought to help with the work.   SE Trains promised an improvement in rail connection times at Strood.  The next meeting is on 22nd April at Halling Community Centre.

                                                                                                                                                                 

15.            Article in Cuxton Parish Council’s newsletter.

                  SB said that Cuxton PC had misunderstood completely  HPC’s  suggestion that the electors in North Halling who have to vote in Cuxton at the present time, could perhaps use the New Town Social Club in future elections.  Cuxton PC said that HPC was trying to move the polling station away from Cuxton.  SB is to attend the next meeting of Cuxton PC on 9th April to put them right.

 

16.         Receipts.

None

 

17.         Payments

 

 

 

Budget Head

Net

Vat

Gross

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Needing ratification

 

 

 

 

 

Date

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

02/03/2015

 

Zurich Municipal Insurance

Cover for Fire Station

G/A

112.64

 

112.64

02/03/2015

 

Tom Bailey

Work on Upper rec

EST

97.50

 

97.50

02/03/2015

 

Jubilee Hall

Hire of hall

G/A

12.00

 

12.00

04/03/2015

 

Clive Stanley

Web fees for Feb 15

G/A

72.00

 

72.00

09/03/2015

 

B T Cook

Work on Lower rec

EST

80.00

 

80.00

09/03/2015

 

Total Property

Work on Cemetery gates

Halling Assoc

420.00

 

420.00

11/03/2015

 

Paula Wilkins-Smith

Delivery of Halling View

HV

60.00

 

60.00

11/03/2015

 

British Telecom

Phone and broadband

G/A

167.14

33.42

200.56

20/03/2015

 

B Print

Printing

HV

1200.00

 

1200.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Totals

 

    2221.28

  33.42

      2254.70

It was proposed by MF, seconded by BM, that the above payments be ratified.  All agreed.

                                                                                                                                                                                   

18. Dates of forthcoming meetings of the Parish Council

Annual Parish Meeting on 25th April 2015 at the Community Centre from 12 noon until 3.0 pm.

Annual Parish Council meeting on 13th May 2015 at the Community Centre at 7.30 pm.

 

19.  Any Other Business

JS – the ceramic poppy is being looked after at the school.  LH and JS wish to know what their position is on the Community Centre Committee.   It was agreed to leave this over until the next PC meeting but in the meantime, the Clerk will ascertain the position.

The Clerk informed the meeting that there is now only one PCSO covering Cuxton and Halling namely Alistair Hardy.

AS reported on his first Rural Liaison Committee meeting at which mobile policing units and their timings were discussed.  Among other policing matters were shed alarms being given out at Cuxton allotments.  Inspector Ada Leppard said that all crimes however small should be reported to the police.  Neighbourhood plans prepared by Parish Councils can be a help in tackling crime.  The next meeting is on 16th June 2015 and AS asked if HPC could host it.

LH said that the trees in the Lower rec. have been cut back and that the contractors will do an annual inspection free of charge. 

 

The meeting closed at 8.55 pm.

 

  

                                   



up to top of page

Copyright 2015 ~ Halling Parish Council
13-May-2015 website updated   by Clive Stanley Associates