Halling Parish Council logopanorama of Halling from across the River Medway


May 2014 Annual Parish Council Meeting Minutes
 
[ Back to: Home Page :: Documents :: Parish Council
]


[ DRAFT -- to be accepted at the next Meeting ]   
                                                                                                                                                                                              

Minutes of Halling Parish Council held on 7th May 2014 at the Community Centre

MAY14/01

 

Present:         Sally Brady (SB), Les Hitchcock (LH), Chris Herbert(CH),  Jim Sutherland (JS); Bob Morton(BM) George Wenham(GW), Matt Fearn (MF)  Alan Herbert (AH) Bill Swan – Clerk (WS) & 12 members of the public.

 

1.          To elect the Chair for the ensuing year

Sally Brady said that she was willing to stand as Chair and there being no other nominations, she was duly appointed.   

 

2.          Signing of the Declaration Book.

Sally Brady having been appointed as Chair duly signed the Declaration Book and took her place.

 

3.          Apologies for absence

Mark Joy and Kevyn Wightman gave their apologies  the reasons for which were accepted.

 

4.          Disclosure of Any Other Business

JS – possible changes to Doctors’ Surgery.

MF – sewage pipe from St Andrews Park.

 

5.          Declaration of any Pecuniary and Prejudicial Interests

MF has a pecuniary interest in White Pit and any Cemex matters

LH – declared a prejudicial interest in item 22 -

 

6.          Adjourn meeting for Parishioners’ Questions.

The Chair adjourned the meeting and invited the public to ask questions of the Parish Council.

The following points were raised:

The possibility of a Pharmacy being opened in Cuxton which would affect the Doctors’ dispensaries

Safety fencing; Trees in Red Hill; Planning application at Mayfield.; Medway Valley Train Sewrvice; Halling marsh; extending RS 320 through Cemex land.  Speeding traffic in Village.

 

7.            Reconvene meeting and Minutes of April 2014 meeting.

The Chair reconvened the meeting and asked if the Minutes of the meeting held on 8th April 2014 were a true record.  CH said that the last sentence of item 6 (Fire Station) should have read as follows;

“ ……not 50% of the difference between the purchase and sale price”  It was proposed by CH, seconded by GW, that subject to the above amendment, the minutes should be approved. All agreed and the Chair duly signed them.  

 

8.          Matters Arising from Minutes of last meeting. - none

 

9.          To elect Vice-Chair and Committee Portfolio holders.

The Chair nominated CH as Vice-Chair and there being no other nominations, CH was duly appointed.

LH said he was prepared to continue as the Portfolio holder for Estates.  Barry Barnes was prepared to be

co- opted as a non voting  Member of the Parish Council  as the  Footpaths Officer serving on the Footpaths Committee and aided by GW.  All agreed. 

MF volunteered to act as Portfolio holder for Planning and Development

JR volunteered to act as Portfolio holder for Community and CH offered to continue as Chairman of the Finance Committee.

 

10.        To appoint Members of Committees and representatives to other bodies.

KALC and Rural Liaison                                         JR volunteered

Halling Association                                                 Chair and Vice-Chair

School Governors and Jubilee Hall                           Mark Joy willing to continue

Community Centre                                                  JS to continue

Halling View                                                           KW, JR and Clerks to continue

Lafarge/Redrow                                                      Committee of whole Council

 

11.        To agree dates and venues for 2014/2015

It was agreed to accept these as detailed by the Clerk.

 

12.        Fire Station Purchase

CH circulated the draft contract to all Members and pointed out that the covenant has been amended to allow disposal of the property.  HPC is awaiting its Solicitors comments on this before proceeding  further.

 

13.        Annual Parish Meeting - report

The Chair said that it was a great success for a meeting with a new format.  It will be held next year at the Community Centre on 25th April 2015.

 

14.        White Pit

JR reported that Cemex has outsourced the management of this to another company and that perhaps HPC could ask for an extension of the lease.  It was proposed by GW, seconded AH, that the lease be allowed to lapse in June 2014.  MF declared an interest otherwise the vote was unanimous. . 

 

15.        Halling Village Fayre 2014 (HVF14)

The Chair reported that arrangements were well under way and it was intended to keep the costs down for residents and their families to ensure an affordable day out. 

 

16.        Bishops Palace – no report

 

17.        Halling Marsh Grazing

JR reported that Andrew Lingham’s  response to the non grazing this season is that he fully understands the reasons but has signed up to a Stewardship scheme for the Marsh whereby he has to have access to the Marsh.  The Clerk reported that there is another local farmer who would be prepared to cut the grass free of charge provided that he be allowed to keep the cuttings for hay.  It was proposed by JR, seconded by LH, that HPC approach Andrew Lingham re cutting the grass and involving the NFU re this.  All agreed.

 

18.        Cooker for Community Centre

The Chair said that this was more properly a matter for Halling Association and that she would raise it with them.

 

19.  Customer First at Medway Council

The Clerk said that this has now been discontinued and that the office have to spend a lot of time on the phone waiting in the queue on the333333 number.  Cllr Ray Maisey said that there is now a new portal on Medway’s  website called “love medway” which was now the appropriate was to report complaints etc.  The Clerk will put this on the office PC and his smart phone.

 

20.  Polling Stations

The residents of North Halling will have to vote in Cuxton for the European elections but Cllr Maisey that Medway Council will be see how this goes before ant decision on the elections due next May 2015.

 

21  Traffic Issues

Discussed earlier in PQs.  CH suggested that HPC ask again for a 20 mph limit.

 

22.  FW13 progress

CH said that there has been no progress on the accounts but he and the Chair will be getting together on this before the next meeting and will report back then.

 

23.  Cemetery  complaints clarification.

JA said that this is owned by the Church not HPC but we were getting lots of complaints about the state of the grass. The Clerk is to contact Rev Knight to get something done.

  

24 & 25  Receipts and payments

 

RECEIPTS AND PAYMENTS IN APRIL 2014

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ITEM24  INCOME

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Date

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

01/04/2014

 

Du4 accounts

 

HV2014_15

 

 

150.00

 

 

07/04/2014

 

Medway Couincil

 

RLG

 

 

6991.09

 

 

08/04/2014

 

Medway Couincil

 

Precept

 

 

40680.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Total

 

 

47821.09

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ITEM 25 EXPENDITURE

 

 

Net

Vat

Gross

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Needing ratification

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

01/04/2014

 

Clive Stanley 

Website March 14

G/A

102.00

 

102.00

 

 

08/04/2014

 

Ben Cook 

Lower Rec

EST

80.00

 

80.00

 

 

10/04/2014

 

Zurich Insurance 

Rnl for 2014/15

G/A

2002.25

102.14

2104.39

 

 

10/04/2014

 

KALC 

Rnl for 2014/15

G/A

664.08

132.82

796.90

 

 

10/04/2014

 

Total Property 

Repairs to N/B

EST

35.00

 

35.00

 

 

24/04/2014

 

Ben Cook 

Work on recs

EST

90.00

 

90.00

 

 

24/04/2014

 

Hygiene Supplies

Hand dryers

Section 137

267.49

53.50

320.99

 

 

29/04/2014

 

KALC

Books

G/A

39.99

 

39.99

 

 

20/02/2014

 

KCC

Legal fees

G/A

693.60

 

693.60

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4262.87

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Needing approval

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

None

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by the Chair, seconded by the Vice-Chair, that these payments be ratified.  All agreed.
 

26. A.O.B.

MF said that HPC should not accept the £5,000 from Redrow until clarification has been received from their engineers about the proposals for the sewage and water pipes.  This was seconded by JS and all agreed. 

The Vice-Chair proposed that HPC must approach its Solicitors about the agreement which will incur legal costs. Seconded by MF and all agreed.  Clerk to arrange this.
 

27.  Dates of upcoming meetings of the Parish Council

Parish Council meeting on 10th June 2014 at the Jubilee Hall at 7.30pm/.

The meeting closed at 8.50 pm.

 

 

Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LH

 

 

 

KW

 

 

 

 

TS

 

 

 

TS

 

 

TS

 

 

 

 

TS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JR

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CH

 

 

 

WS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WS

 

 

 



up to top of page

Copyright 2014 ~ Halling Parish Council
Updated 02-Jun-2014     by Clive Stanley Associates